The deadline for presentation of 2019’s annual Declaration (base date of December 31, 2018) began on February 15th and it will extend until April 5th, 2019.
CBE are amounts of any nature held outside the country by individuals or legal entities which are resident, domiciled or headquartered in the country. The Brazilian Capital abroad comprehend assets, rights or financial instruments, currencies, deposits, real estate, corporate interest, stocks, securities, commercial credits, etc.
The declaration of the CBE is mandatory for the individuals or entities above mentioned who have assets outside of the country totaling an amount equal or superior to:
• US$ 100,000.00 (one hundred thousand dollars), or equivalent amount in other currencies, on the base date of December 31st of 2019 – Annual CBE.
• US$ 100,000,000.00 (one hundred million dollars), or equivalent amount in other currencies, on the base dates of March 31st, June 30th and September 30th of 2019 – Quarterly CBE.
The deadlines for the presentation of the Quarterly CBEs are:
- base date of 03/31, from April 30th to June 5th;
- base date of 06/30, from July 31st to September 5th;
- base date of 09/30, from October 31st to December 5th;
Failure to present the declaration, or failure to present the declaration within the legal term or to submit false, incomplete or incorrect information may result in fine that may go up to R$ 250,000.00, increased by 50% on specific cases.
Should you have any question or need any assistance regarding these or other legal obligations, please do not hesitate to contact us.